FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The most common questions we receive, all answered in one place.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you require contracts?
Never. For your convenience, all of our services are performed on a continual basis. We never require contracts, but if we earn your business, please let us know by email if you would like to make any changes to your chosen lawn care plan.
What if it rains right after you treat my lawn?
Rain after a treatment is almost always a good thing. It can activate the pre-emergent and can help the root zone absorb the fertilizer and organic materials. However, if there is heavy rainfall immediately following a treatment, it could have a negative impact on the weed control product. If the weeds do not begin to curl within 2 weeks, let us know. We may need to re-treat your lawn at no charge to you.
What are your irrigation recommendations?
Having an irrigation system is a huge advantage, but it can potentially cause more harm than good. Each system must be properly calibrated to apply the correct amount of water at the proper time. Daily watering and evening irrigation can both promote diseases, like Brown patch. The rule of thumb is to provide your lawn with 1 inch of water per week with as few watering sessions as possible. We recommend 1-3 times per week only during the early morning hours. If you decide to water twice a week, you’ll need to make sure each zone in your lawn is receiving 1/2 inch of water each time the irrigation runs. The only way to know how long each zone should run is to scatter empty (tuna) cans throughout the zone and to let the system run until the proper amount of water is in each can. This process takes some effort, but it assures your system is properly calibrated. No matter how good your irrigation system is, nothing beats a slow, steady rain.
Irrigating after seeding and aeration is different. Frequent short watering (2-3) times a day is ideal for about 2 weeks. This will encourage the seeds to germinate quickly and become established. After 2 weeks resume a normal irrigation schedule.
How long should I stay off the grass after a treatment?
We just ask that you stay off the lawn until the treatment is dry. Typically, that takes an hour or less.
How long should I wait before mowing the lawn after a treatment?
Please wait at least 24 hours before mowing the lawn after a treatment. This allows the weed control product to be absorbed by the weeds.
How do you handle billing?
A valid credit card is required to have on file and will be charged at the completion of each service.
Where can I find quality topsoil?
Southern Nurseries – 615-824-4444 and ask for Kurt.
What Nashville Areas Do You Service?
- 37013 Antioch / Cane Ridge
- 37027 Brentwood
- 37072 Goodlettsville
- 37076 Hermitage
- 37115 Madison
- 37138 Old Hickory
- 37201 Downtown Riverfront / SoBro, 37203 Music Row / Edgehill / Vandy / West End Circle / Downtown (western) / The Gulch / Wedgewood Houston
- 37204 12 South / Belmont / Lipscomb / Green Hills / Oak Hill / Edgehill
- 37205 Belle Meade / West Meade / West Nashville
- 37206 Lower East Nashville / Lockeland Springs
- 37207 North Nashville / Dickerson Pike
- 37208 Germantown / TSU
- 37209 Sylvan Park / Sylvan Heights / The Nations / Charlotte Park
- 37210 Woodbine / Glencliff / Briley / Elm Hill
- 37211 South Nashville/ Whispering Hills / Brentioch / Lenox
- 37212 Music Row / Vanderbilt / Hillsboro Village / Belmont
- 37214 Donelson / Airport
- 37215 Green Hills / Forest Hills / Belle Meade
- 37216 Inglewood
- 37217 Edge-O-Lake / Priest Lake / Briley Parkway
- 37218 Bordeaux
- 37219 Downtown / Central Business District
- 37220 Oak Hill / Crieve Hall
- 37221 Bellevue
- 37027 Brentwood
- 37064 - 37067 - 37069 Franklin
- 37135 Nolensville
- 37014 Arrington, 37046 College Grove
- 37062 Fairview
- 37179 Thompson’s Station
- 37174 Spring Hill
- 37122 - 37121 Mt Juliet
- 37087 - 37090 Lebanon
- 37184 Watertown
- 37138 Old Hickory
- 37075 Hendersonville
- 37075 - 37066 Gallatin
- 37148 Portland
- 37070 - 37072 Goodlettsville
- 37048 Cottontown
- 37188 Whitehouse
- 37086 LaVergne
- 37167 Smyrna
- 37127 - 37218 - 37130 Murfreesboro
We service all lawns throughout the greater Nashville area, including:
- Belle Meade
- Berry Hill
- City of Nashville
- Crieve Hall
- East Nashville
- Forest Hills
- Green Hills
- Oak Hill
- Spring Hill
- Sylvan Park
- Thompson's Station
- West Meade
- And many more!
Increase your property value and enjoy coming home to a beautiful lawn.
Call Anytime: (615) 785-1849